Search for content in message boards

William C Gale 1798-1828

Replies: 0

William C Gale 1798-1828

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
It has been over three years since I posted a message looking for info on subject. Since then I have been tested for DNA(67 markers), but have been unable to contact any GALE family to compare DNA. Please contact me if you are a male GALE and wish to compare DNA.

I'm seeking info on my GGGGrandfather, William C. Gale. The first record found of him was 1820 Census Marlboro County, S C with him being listed as head of household containing 3 males between the ages of 16 and 25. He married Catherine A.(unknown), born abt 1808, in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, S C. He died Aug 20, 1828 in Cheraw. His obit in the Southern Radical, Cheraw, stated he was 30 yrs old and a native of EXETER, NEW HAMPSHIRE. The obit in the Portsmouth Journal, Portsmourh, N H., stated he was formerly a resident of that city. Exeter and Portsmouth are both in Rockingham County, N H.

They had 3 sons,all born in Cheraw; John A ( my GGGrandfather ), Charles William, and Thomas L. On a Census for one son, the place of birth of father was listed as N H.; another son said foreign born. A current family member claims he was born in Bath, N C ( which is now in Beaufort County ).

Have been unable to locate the names of his parents or siblings if any. I appreciate any help and willing to share what info I have.

Charlie L Gale
Hartwell, Ga.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions