Search for content in message boards

DANE family during 1900's

Replies: 0

DANE family during 1900's

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dane
Hello,

I'd just like to ask whether anyone knows of a DANE family in Derry, NH. I believe a Leonard DANE spent his last years there, dying in 1967, and his son, Lewis DANE, lived there for a long time.

I'm asking because I spent a couple of years trying to create a family-tree for a large FITZGERALD family of Greater Boston, MA. And, after 2 yrs. of trying to find out what happened to the missing and estranged grandfather of the older generation, I finally found him. Michael Albert FITZGERALD was in Boston in the 1930's, and he married Miss Frances DANE ~1937. Frances was the daughter of the Leonard DANE, so Lewis was her younger brother.

Around 1955, Michael and Frances moved to Bourne, MA, and they lived fairly long lives there. I don't believe they ever had children, although she was much younger than her husband. Michael died in 1971, and Frances died in 1999. I was able to obtain her obituary, and the only relatives mentioned were a nephew and niece in NH.

I would like to write a letter to either the nephew or the niece. I'd like to ask if they have any family-stories to share about their Aunt Frances. The obituary mentioned she was a hairdresser for a long time and was an artist.

Thank you for your time.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12+ yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

Find a board about a specific topic