Search for content in message boards

Shadrack WARD

Replies: 26

Re: Shadrack WARD

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ward, Tellier
I believe that Thomas Porter Ward must be buried in Wisconsin, but it might be in Janesville and not in Jefferson. My gggranmother (Hannah) lived in Janesville at the time of his death. He might have lived with/near her at the end. I haven't searched for his grave, but that's where I'd start. As far as Abigail is concerned, I believe she died in Honey Creek, Iowa. Hannah and her husband, Eli Tellier, moved to Iowa after the civil war, and Eli died there from typhoid pneumonia. He's buried in Edgewood Cemetery in Clayton, Iowa. Hannah married someone named Ecker after Eli died. We know this because she requested Eli's pension after 1880 using the name Hannah Ecker. At that time, Ecker has died, and she is listed in the the Honey Creek, Delaware Census as Hannah Ecker, living with her mother, Abigail Johnson who is also listed as widowed. I can only assume that Abigail had also remarried. (both are listed correctly as being born in New York and their ages are correct.) At that time, the US govt had passed a law regarding pensions and the rights of widows of civil war veterans. I suspect many woman married again at that time. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find the "Mr Johnson". (note: someone has 'corrected' the census information to indicate Hannah's name as Johnson, but I'm certain this is incorrect.) Hannah appears in the 1885 census, still in Honey Creek, but her mother is no longer with her. I would assume that Abigail died at some point between 1880 and 1885 and is buried nearby... perhaps in Edgewood Cemetery where Hannah's husband is buried. Please let me know if this helps you or if it gives you any additional ideas. BTW I also have listed 4 sons and 2 daughters for Thomas and Abigail. I think that's it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lynnetellyer 1 Jan 2013 6:43PM GMT 
jjgarn 2 Jan 2013 1:30AM GMT 
lynnetellyer 2 Jan 2013 4:37AM GMT 
Joshua Ward 2 Sep 2012 5:14PM GMT 
jjgarn 7 Sep 2012 1:08AM GMT 
Joshua Ward 18 Sep 2012 6:37PM GMT 
jjgarn 19 Sep 2012 4:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions