Search for content in message boards

search marriage 1917 : Garrett J. Brink x Romkje Nieuwland (from NL) in NJ (Midland)

Replies: 4

search marriage 1917 : Garrett J. Brink x Romkje Nieuwland (from NL) in NJ (Midland)

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brink, Nieuwland
Hello,

I'm writing from the Netherlands , some years ago I was helped very much with my search for ancestors Gerrit Jan Brink and his live in America.
I got the Census Records, his Registration Card etc.
But I'm still searching for his first marriage, now several years later and perhaps things better to find, I hope so much someone can help with that.
its about:

Gerrit Jan Brink (in USA calles Garrett Brink), born 18-12-1890 Diepenveen,NL, emigrated in 1913 to America, he was enigeneer.
From the records and information I have, he should have been married in 1917 to:
Romkje Nieuwland (perhaps changed her first name in USA?), born 29-7-1883 Witmarsum, NL., she emigrated in 1906 to USA

In 1917 Garret Brink lives in Midland, Garfield, NJ.,
according to his Registration Card 1917, he's still single on that date: beginning of June 1917
According to the Census records the marriage must have been in 1917, so if that dates are reliable, he should have been married between 1 June- Dec. 1917
(but I don't know how precise and reliable those registrations in Census en the Card are?)

In 1921 he's then married to Romkje and then they live Midland,Ave.Wortendijke, NJ.

So maybe they married in Garfield, if not then perhaps Wortendijke ?

Romkje Nieuwland was first married to Oepke (Barney) Bonnema, the probably divorced or he has passed away before 1917, is this to find out too?

If the marrige record can be found, is it possible to get a photo or copy from it? Or otherwise can tell someone write it down for me what's in it?

I would be very greatfull if someone can help me out here!
He was a half-brother of my grandfather.

With friendly regards,
Jettie from The Netherlands
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jettie61 9 Sep 2010 9:03PM GMT 
deWaalMalefyt 15 Sep 2010 12:42AM GMT 
jettie61 15 Sep 2010 3:27PM GMT 
rvermar1 16 Jan 2013 2:12AM GMT 
jettie61 17 Jan 2013 7:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions