Search for content in message boards

Need Help!

Replies: 2

Need Help!

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 11:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2012 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Stokes, Shinn, Kemble, Coplin
A few years ago I was searching for the location in Virginia where my ggg-grandfather, George Scott (1766-1840)
lived prior to moving to Ohio when he was in his sixties. During my search I had a notebook where I made notes. Since that time I have learned that he lived and raised his family in Harrison County, Virginia (now WV). I know a few details, such as the names of two wives: Sarah Kemble, and Lucretia Coplin and a names of a few children. Now this is what I need help with: I recently looked back at the notebook where I had made notes regarding any George Scott and I had written the following: "John Scott b.1760 and George Scott b.1766 came to Randolph\Harrison County, VA from Middletown, Monmouth N.J. sometime in the 1780's. George came with his wife and some children who were born in N.J. The Scott family in N.J. may have been friends or relatives of Benjamin Coplin or Shinns."

I now realize that this note is probably about my George Scott. My problem is I can't find the original source of this information. Below the note I have written "Genealogy of the Stokes Family-Burlington, N.J. Shin;Butcher."
Is there anyone out there perhaps in the Stokes or Shinn family who knows anything about where I might have found this? I tried googling part of the quote and searching for the Stokes Genealogy Book but I had no luck. I found a few Stokes genealogy books, but could not find any mention of my ggg-grandfather, George Scott. Any help would really be appreciated. If I can find the source of this information, perhaps I could find out his parents and siblings. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ScottLady51 18 Oct 2012 5:42PM GMT 
peaceofmind12 18 Oct 2012 8:59PM GMT 
ScottLady51 18 Oct 2012 9:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions