Search for content in message boards

Tavern at 691 Kennedy Boulevard, Bayonne -run by Ward family 1967

Replies: 15

Re: Tavern at 691 Kennedy Boulevard, Bayonne -run by Ward family 1967

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I knew john ward and his wife Betty who owned the S&W tavern. I lived in the neighbor hood since I was a kid. I owned the bar back in the nineties and renamed it the Gin Mill. John ward and his wife continued to live over the bar and were my landlords. I closed the bar back in 1996. Since then it had never reopened. Several years later john ward passed away and his wife one week apart from each other. They were survived by a daughter Donna who did get married under the name of Rossi. Later on got divorced and married a Bayonne police officer. Do not know who. But she did work for the city of Bayonne as a zoning officer if that helps you with a lead. She had a brother but didn't know his name, she had two children John Rossi jr. And I believe Melissa Rossi. The pizza place next door to the tavern was turned into a Chinese restaurant and the bar and building after a fire was renovated into apartments. I have photos of the bar if you like. But none from when john ward owned it. Donna would have some. And she still lives in Bayonne. Going through the municipal building looking under the name of Donna Rossi who was a zoning officer would be your best lead to getting all the information your looking for. If I can find her and contact her I will show her this site.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eire1922 2 Mar 2012 4:16PM GMT 
Donna Ward 1 Apr 2014 4:19AM GMT 
Martin Corren... 19 Feb 2014 7:30PM GMT 
eire1922 26 Feb 2014 10:24PM GMT 
elizabethodon... 1 Mar 2014 1:16PM GMT 
Donna Ward 19 Mar 2014 1:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions