Search for content in message boards

Jersey Journal series

Replies: 8

Jersey Journal series

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FOLEY
Hi,
The attached photo was sent to and kept by my dad's family after the Jersey Journal ran one of a series of spotlights on citizens of Jersey City. Presumably, my family had the article that went with it, but that has long since been lost. I don't know the date or even the year of publication. My dad has always maintained that this photo is of his grandfather, Walter Benjamin Foley. However, my dad also said it was taken on the site of what would be the Jersey City Medical Center. Walter was born in 1870. I did the math once after researching when the Medical Center was built, and it didn't compute. Walter's father was Michael Benjamin Foley, who was also a cop, and I would love to know if this was actually a picture of Michael rather than Walter. Does anyone reading this post know how to get a copy of the article that would have accompanied the photo? I tried emailing the Jersey Journal once to enquire about archived materials, but I got no answer and am hoping someone on here has successfully made contact or has another route to suggest to me. Would the Jersey City Public Library be able to help?

Thanks,
Jeanne
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jeannemarge 23 Nov 2012 11:47PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 24 Nov 2012 1:47AM GMT 
jeannemarge 24 Nov 2012 3:55AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 24 Nov 2012 8:41AM GMT 
jeannemarge 24 Nov 2012 2:39PM GMT 
SEickhorn 24 Nov 2012 10:27PM GMT 
jeannemarge 25 Nov 2012 3:02AM GMT 
SEickhorn 25 Nov 2012 1:51PM GMT