Search for content in message boards

Hoboken Germans 1880+

Replies: 19

Re: Louis Bohme. Parents:Friederick Bohme/Marie Schwartz, b1855?, Germany.

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maring, Bohme, Karcher, Stohr, Erlenkotter, Lehing, Acker, Kohring, Millken, Muglia, Trouf, Danchise, Benham, Suda, Riely, Beckoff, Hendolf,
Terry,

Hopefully you will remember me, I am Michael Maring, the great grandson of John Maring. I have been chipping away at the Mystery that is the Maring/Stohr/Bohme family for some time now.

I have found some information on Anna Stohr that you may find of interest. Anna's parents were Andreas Stohr and Anna Beckoff. She married Franz Maring in St. Matthew's Church in Hoboken in December of 1885. They had Adele (1886), John (1898) and Lydia (1890). After Franz's death in 1897, she married Louis Bohme, also in St. Matthew's Church in September of 1898. Then had Leo (1899) and moved to West New York, NJ.

You informed me once about the grave location and the story that Franz, Anna, Louis and Louis' first wife are all buried together. I contacted Hoboken Cemetery, it is were Franz is buried according to his death cert, and inquired about grave locations. They told me they only had record of an Anna Bohme being buried in December of 1932, which fits as she passed on 12/12/32. I went to the cemetery to locate the grave, but unfortunately due to disrepair there is no headstone to mark the location, all I know is it should be in Section Q, Row 6, Grave 32. They also informed me that next to her is neither a Maring or Bohme.

As for the children, Adele would marry Philip Karcher, John married Sophia Lehing, Lydia married Francis Erlenkotter and Leo married Margaret Riely. All the couples had children except for Lydia and Francis.

I have recently been in touch with a David Karcher. He is the great grandson of Adele Maring. he has helped fill in a few blanks on the Karcher side of the family and I am currently working on setting up a meeting between myself, his daughter and nephew, who is their family historian. I am hoping we when we meet up they will have some information that will help me expand my search.

I also spoke with Robert Leo Bohme, son of Leo Bohme (1925-1998). He also helped fill in some gaps about his side of the Bohme family.

However, much of the information I am looking for is still out there somewhere. I'd love to hear from you. Also Karen, if you see this please feel free to contact me as well. Hope all is well and to hear from you soon. Please feel free to email me at mikemaring@live.com.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GPGG 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Victoria Necklen Strauch 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
GPGG 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Victoria Necklen Strauch 10 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
GPGG 10 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Arthur Hoey 14 Jul 2003 4:00PM GMT 
tristan106 12 Mar 2006 7:13AM GMT 
k_bohme 8 Jun 2002 10:21PM GMT 
Terry Bohme 18 Jun 2002 7:45AM GMT 
mikemaring 27 Mar 2014 5:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions