Search for content in message boards

Junction, Hunterdon County, NJ

Replies: 5

Re: Junction, Hunterdon County, NJ

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 12:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fitzgibbon, Moore, Malley
I know it's been a few years since your posting in 2007, but just wanted to mention that I, too, have relatives buried at St. Ann's in Hampton (formerly Junction). My paternal Gt-Grandfather Wm Fitzgibbon (former Justice of the Peace in Junction), donated (we were told) a large section of land to the cemetery, which backed up to the rear of his home. My maternal Gt-Grandmother is also buried at St. Ann's, in an unmarked grave. Several decades ago, one of my Aunt's received a letter from St. Ann's confirming that burial, providing name and date. However, when I myself visited the Office of St. Ann's it was obvious that things had changed. No records were available and not much of an explanation was provided, except that 'they are too fragile.' I could not understand why no attempt was being made to seek a volunteer who might photograph whatever was left of these records. Obviously, they will eventually disintegrate completely, so why not handle them now, to obtain a digital image. Very frustrating.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BenjaminKimmi... 5 Mar 2007 2:01PM GMT 
BenjaminKimmi... 14 Mar 2007 5:12PM GMT 
massey778sail... 23 May 2007 3:15AM GMT 
BenjaminKimmi... 23 May 2007 2:09PM GMT 
beckernet1 21 Feb 2013 2:09PM GMT 
RitaChesterto... 14 Jan 2013 7:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions