Search for content in message boards

Blackwell Memorial Home in Pennington question

Replies: 2

Blackwell Memorial Home in Pennington question

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 9:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to correspond with someone who has knowledge of the Blackwell Memorial Home in Pennington. Specifically if they have any records from undertaker Israel G. Howell. He was located at 12th North Greenwood Avenue in Hopewell in the 1890's. I understand that Howell's mortuary was taken over by the Blackwell Memorial Home in Pennington, but my efforts to determine if they still have his records have been unsuccessful to date.

For quite a number of years I have been trying to locate the final resting place for Civil War Surgeon Dr. Henry Newton Young who died 9/12/1896 at East Amwell Township.

He was born circa 1835 in New Jersey or New York and his parents were David and Mary (nee Pierson) Young from Amwell and he had a brother named Jacob S. Young. He graduated from the Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and was practicing medicine in Reaville, New Jersey in 1893 and was predeceased by his wife.

His mother, father, and brother are all buried in the Amwell Ridge Cemetery in Ringoes, Hunterdon County. I suspect that he is also buried there and not in Hopewell as is stated on his death certificate. I have queried all of the cemeteries in Hopewell and feel confident that he is not in any of them.

I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this subject.

Bob
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob_MacAvoy 30 Aug 2012 3:06PM GMT 
Sharon Colquh... 5 Jan 2013 12:09AM GMT 
Bob_MacAvoy 5 Jan 2013 1:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions