Search for content in message boards

Crawfords in Monmouth County, New Jersey

Replies: 20

Re: Crawford Family in Holmdel

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crawford
This is fantastic information!! I never took to researching property and deeds, and have always relied upon the kindness of others, so thank you so much for submitting this information.
I'll need to sit down and really study it.

You said: The key to this puzzle is tied up in the churches at Middletown and Holmdel, I am convinced. Amy and a child became memebrs of the Holmdel church not long before Gilbert's passing.

I agree. In fact, for years I have been looking at one Daniel Crawford, buried just a few steps away from Amy and Gilbert. I have suspected this Daniel might be a brother of Gilbert, based on his date of death (Mar. 15, 1852) not matching other Daniel Crawfords in my records. There are 2 headstone photos on findagrave and they were not transcribed, but I have always thought they read Gideon and Sara.
Although it wouldn't prove anything, and it still doesn't answer if this was son or brother to Gilbert, it might be a clue.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, if you search the free archives of the Red Bank Register online for the Scott Family History printed in 1908 you can find about 86 Crawfords listed from the Momouth County area. This is a huge genealogy printed in the newspaper and I had transcribed most of it a few years ago into an independent family file on Ancestry.com.

With all the new interest here in the Crawford family I just changed privacy settings on the "Scott Family Tree" in Ancestry to make it public. The entire contents of the newspaper series may not be included. I transcribed it years ago. Also, the source information for the entire file (Red Bank Register) is not necessarily accurate in itself and not sourced. Use at your own risk. :-)

I highly recommend you search the Red Bank Register archives online at http://rbr.mtpl.org/rbr/ if you have any family in Holmdel, Red Bank or Middletown from 1878 - 1991.

I have found marriage, births, travel, parties, military family and letter sent home from war as well as crime stories.
Good Luck!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jerseyside 1 Jan 2013 11:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions