Search for content in message boards

MORRIS

Replies: 2

MORRIS

Wayne Greene (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2003 6:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I descend from Ezekiel Morris born 1745 in Berks County, Pa and died 1822 in Circlesville, Ohio. He was the son of John Morris and Mary Elizabeth Davis of Berks County, Pa. John Morris was son of Richard Morris born 1690 in Monmouth County, NJ. Here are some sources I found:
-----------------
(1) Revolutionary War Pension Application for Captain (Private) James Seals, 1839, Greene County, Pa
"On 13 June 1839, Sarah was called to testify on behalf of Capt. James Seals, who was applying for a pension based on his Revolutionary War service. She testified that James Seals' wedding was performed by the Rev. John Corbly at the home of her father, Ezekiel Morris, who then lived in Greene Co., PA. She gave her age as 65 at the time of her testimony (Hennen, Dorothy. 1977. A Time to Remember. Parsons, WV: McClain Printing Co.)."

James Seals, Mary Seals, and Nancy Seals were siblings. Mary Seals married Richard Morris born 1739 in Monmouth County, NJ. She died and Richard Morris married second Nancy Seals. Richard Morris born 14 May 1739 in Monmouth County, NJ was son of John Morris born 12 Jun 1695 in Monmouth County, NJ and died 2 Mar 1769. He married Jacomyntie White. Richard Morris born 1690 and John Morris born 1695 were sons of Lewis Morris and Elizabeth Almy.
--------------
(2) Will of John MORRIS, Berks County, Pa, March 22, 1765 - July 22, 1765.
All estate including tract of land in Cumry to be sold and the proceeds
divided among my 7 children, as follows.
To eldest son Isaac, £450.
To son Ezekiel, £450.
To son Daniel, £450.
To son John £450.
To son Abel, £350.
To dau. Mary £200.
To dau. Rachel £200.
The 3 youngest, Abel, Mary and Rachel, to be taught to read, write and
cypher at expense of estate.
Remainder equally divided.
Exrs: sons Isaac and Ezekiel.
Wit: Abel LLOYD, Jonathan JONES, and Jonathan PRICE.
-----------------
(3) Bucks County, Pennsylvania; Page 199 - John Morris, of Southampton Twp. February 16, 1732/3. Proved March 5, 1732/3. "Wife Mary. Cousin John Morris (son of Bro. Richard) now living in Great Britain 300 acres in Phila. Co. joining Theophilus Williams, if he come into this Province. Cousins Richard and James Morris 700 acres in Phila. Co. bal. of 1000 acres tract. Cousin William Morris (son of Bro. Thomas) 600 acres in Southampton on which I live with stock and implements in hands of Stephen Watts provided he come into this Province and to male heirs forever. If he fail to come within one year to cousin Richard Morris above mentioned if he come into Province if not, then to cousin James Morris above mentioned. Hannah Davies £10. Henry Harris and his 3 sisters £20 each. Stephen Watts and his 3 children. George Eaton. Joseph Eaton Sr. and Jenkin Jones, Minister of the Gospel, exrs. Benj. Griffith of New Britain.
Wit: John Hart, Thomas Dungan, Joseph Shaw."

Sorry to make this a little long but there are details to explain. The only problem I have with this information is the dates for John Morris born 1695 and wife Jacomyntie White. I saw some information that John Morris born 1695 died 2 Mar 1769 but it did not give the place. All three John Morris, Thomas Morris, and Richard Morris mentioned in the above will of 1732 were sons of Lewis Morris and Elizabeth Almy. I think there might be some dates mixed up and some children mixed up with the wrong parents. I was hoping that some researchers of Lewis Morris and Elizabeth Almy might be able to sort out the confusion. Thank you for your time.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wayne Greene 21 May 2003 12:33PM GMT 
nonawood8 17 Nov 2012 10:33AM GMT 
tinastoutsvil... 24 Jun 2013 4:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions