Search for content in message boards

CEMETERY IN BUTLER

Replies: 8

Re: Sandford

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
still looking for my carman family of butler/bloomingdale, nj I have been up against a brick wall for decades now. my 4th grt grandfather, abraham carman, md a woman I know only as vroutjie Sophronia"(little housewife) aka Fannie" she and her husband owned a farm at cols spring lake, a portion of their lands extended over the pecquanonk river near a bridge. this was sold (a small 3 acre parcel) to james and isabella white and a paper mill was used to make toilet paper. judging by the names of their children, whose middle initials were "c" I surmise sophronia maiden name started with C. there were alot of franciscos in the family, my relatives spelled it cisco. the cox family was also around, winfield s cox, upon who my family was closly aligned. as he was the high sheriff of passaic county. my family owned several taverns and was closly aligned with the cook family. sophronia named her children after close family members abraham carmans sister married a man from rockland county, so i thought perhaps she too eas from that area. conklin is a guess, the coughlinn family was also around, wonder if coughlin and concklin are the same. like cachlinn. if anyone researching these names comes across a carman in their research of conklin/coughlinn/ cachlinn, please let me know. fannie carman died in a fire in passaic city. in a hotel owned by ryerson family, run by her son frederick. since the death was unexpected, i am wondering if a coroners report is available. church records omit her maiden name, none of her childrens birth marriage or death records give anything other than fanny as the mothers name. there are two children i have yet to find to try and obtain the info i seek.ellen (mrs. joseph d brown) any help would be greatly appreciated. davidnpr@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan Watts 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
davidahenry 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Susan Watts 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
davidahenry 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Susan Watts 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
karennj13 25 Feb 2013 9:29AM GMT 
marchlines 22 Jun 2007 1:33AM GMT 
Brookfield25 22 Jun 2007 11:39AM GMT 
karennj13 23 Mar 2013 6:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions