Search for content in message boards

Paterson NJ -- Great Grandfather

Replies: 6

Paterson NJ -- Great Grandfather

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lomax
Hello. I am trying to locate information on my great grandfather. We just recently discovered his name on the birth certificate of my grandfather,Ray James Lomax(who we believed was Ray James Jones until now). We had thought until now our great grandfather was someone else. The name listed on the certificate is Frank James Lomax, born approx 1889 in NY. He was a machinist on a steamship and it shows they lived at 51 Holsman St in Paterson, NJ. My great grandmother's name is listed as Olive B Seymour on the birth certificate of my grandfather. All of this is surprising to me and confusing. Seymour is her mother's maiden name; her maiden name is actually Lomax - same as the father listed on certificate. However my great grandmother is from Wittman, Maryland. I cannot find a trace of either of them during their time in NJ. I thought maybe knowing where they lived would help but I can't figure out how to search that. Can anyone please help me? This is a huge mystery in my family and it dictates my actual surname. Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kjbryan68 23 Nov 2012 3:49AM GMT 
carlsonjm 24 Nov 2012 3:21PM GMT 
kjbryan68 25 Nov 2012 5:43AM GMT 
Cheryl DeBlas... 24 Nov 2012 4:08PM GMT 
RHazekamp 25 Nov 2012 4:09AM GMT 
kjbryan68 25 Nov 2012 5:55AM GMT 
kjbryan68 25 Nov 2012 5:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions