Search for content in message boards

James Elijah Hamler res. Sussex Co., NJ, Monroe Co., PA-- PHOTO??

Replies: 0

James Elijah Hamler res. Sussex Co., NJ, Monroe Co., PA-- PHOTO??

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hamler/Hammler/Homlar/Hombler/Hambler; Howard; Arner/Orner
I have a great Uncle whose photo I would like a copy of.
And any contact with a relative. I am James Elijah Hamler's Great-Niece.

His name is James Elijah Hamler, b. Nov. 1845, Sussex Co., NJ; died 05 Feb 1911 in PA.

His first wife was Sarah Elizabeth Orner/Arner, b. Abt. 1846; died 1874, PA. His only child who lived very long was Lewis N. Hamler Apr 1867NJ - 02 Dec 1959 PA. Lewis died at Barto Nursing Home, Portland, PA [Source: New Jersey Herald Obituary]. Lewis was buried at Prospect Cemetery, East Stroudsburg, PA [Source: New Jersey Herald Obituary].

Lewis had a child named Layton M. Hamler who was born in 1896, New Jersey. Layton was married to Marion H. Hamler and their child was Meldon M. Hamler, who was born in 1920 in PA.

I was able to contact Meldon's widow who, not knowing me, was reluctant to give me any family information, which I completely understand... I believe she was living in a southern state at that time.

James Elijah Hamler, who I am hoping to receive a photo of served in the Civil War from New Jersey; he married a second time, to Mary Howard who at the time of her death was destitute and who died in 1920. He sired no children with Mary. So he only had one child who lived, who was Lewis.

Thank you for any help about this family, especially a photograph of James Elijah Hamler.

Thanks so much,
Kathleen Hamler Purchase
LPurch6636@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic