Search for content in message boards

Peter Henry Hahn (1850-1902) -Summit,NJ

Replies: 2

Peter Henry Hahn (1850-1902) -Summit,NJ

Posted: 26 Dec 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hamman, O'Neill, Fulton, Allen, Comstock, Merkel
Peter Henry Hahn (1850-1902) lived in Summit, NJ where he worked as a manager at the silk mills where his daughters Bertha (my grandmother), Emma, Mary Louise, Martha Magdeline, and Minnie also worked as silk weavers. He was married to Wilhelmina Hamman and both had come over from Germany at different times. Around 1901, he secretly joined the army and was killed in the Phillapines in the aftermath of the Spanish American war. Anthony Comstock, a religious reformer, was a friend of the family and I have a doll cradle he made for P.H. Hahn's daughters. A Helene Merkel was also a close friend of the family for whom my aunt and I were named. Bertha Hahn first married a Theodore Fulton who died of TB. She then married a Thomas O'Neill who fathered my mother. Any information about any of these people would be greatly appreciated. I have a history of Summit published in 1902 by the silk mills and would be glad to share info with anyone who might have a special interest in it.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
helaineg 26 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
David W. Hart 28 Nov 2006 3:53AM GMT 
ssschnipper 3 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions