Search for content in message boards

PHILLIPS, Anne & Rita; sisters born in Newfoundland, Canada; resided in New Jersey & Anne lived/deceased in Florida......

Replies: 2

PHILLIPS, Anne & Rita; sisters born in Newfoundland, Canada; resided in New Jersey & Anne lived/deceased in Florida......

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 9:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gallagher, Phillips
Hello all!

I'm looking for any details/info on my Aunt Anne (PHILLIPS) Gallagher & Aunt Rita (PHILLIPS)...>>>

> Aunt Anne was born abt. 1906 in Newfoundland, Canada & went to the "States" with her Aunt Mary (Phillips) Gallagher. Anne's immigration is abt. 1925.>>>

>> Aunt Rita was born abt. 1910, Newfoundland, Canada and migrated to the "States" abt. 1925.>>>

I believe I found them listed in a 1930 United States Federal Census in New Jersey but, I was only able to find Aunt Anne in the 1940 Census & not Aunt Rita [I believe she married but I do not have the name].>>>

In the 1930 Census, Aunt Anne was listed as married to Joseph J. Gallagher; son, Joseph J. and daughter, Lois A...also, her sister, Rita Phillips is listed as living with them. Rita would have migrated abt. 1930.>>>

I know that Aunt Anne moved to Miami, Florida but not sure of dates, she's been deceased for a number of years. My father passed in 1985 and there are no other siblings or family of their generation or older left living.>>>

I would very much like to find details/info for them and/or to connect with other family members. Regards, :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Phillips709 25 Sep 2012 3:06PM GMT 
attocat 25 Sep 2012 8:17PM GMT 
Phillips709 5 Dec 2012 6:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions