Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Morton-The Mortonsson Family who settled along the Delaware River

Replies: 6

Re: Elizabeth Morton-The Mortonsson Family who settled along the Delaware River

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for helping me out. This "problem" has been around for years and is even addressed in one of the books on Chester County, PA but the author doesn't seem to be able to figure out the families and if they are related back then in the middle 1800's! And people just copy from tree to tree and do not really care if it is correct if they read or look at the records. I just need to do a spreadsheet with the records I have accumulated and break them in to families and from there see where the age ranges are since I have disproved Elizabeth Morton Wakefield is the dau of John Morton, the signer, I believe on the majority of family trees they have her vitals as those of Elizabeth Morton the real dau of the signer. I also have the Wakefield records for Thomas, her husband. This history for John Morton is fascinating because of how much history it addresses. Young people should have to look at it to realize places like New Sweden existed and wasn't part of New England. And the corporate interests of the Dutch East Indie Trading Co and then the East India Trading Co. I guess corporations have run the world for a while now!
That name Albertson sounds like a Scandinavian name. I have ancestors from Norway in my family tree and I did a book on them. And the family farm is still in my family from around the 1300 or 1400! Farm histories go with the farm as well as surnames back prior to 1900. This at least helps me with some of the naming and parish info is one of the best sources for most Scandinavians. There were Swedes, Finns, Dutch and prob anothers in the Swedish Settlement along the Delaware. I wish you luck and if I can be of help please email me. Cindy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
coetting57 25 Jan 2013 3:28PM GMT 
curmil 26 Jan 2013 12:03AM GMT 
coetting57 26 Jan 2013 2:43PM GMT 
curmil 26 Jan 2013 4:16PM GMT 
coetting57 26 Jan 2013 3:42PM GMT 
curmil 26 Jan 2013 4:27PM GMT 
coetting57 26 Jan 2013 9:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic