Search for content in message boards

William Julius Diers 1891-1950 - 1940 Census Mystery

Replies: 12

Re: William Julius Diers 1891-1950 - 1940 Census Mystery

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
HAH! Not sure I follow me either! bottom line, alas, still haven't found our guy!

I found also in a obit that Ruby's mother,Cordelia, was with her in Albuquerque when Ruby died. She outlived her daughter by many years but is buried back in Kansas with her husband.

BUT looks like I gave up too soon with her brother! Good find! you have sharp eyes! Looks like nepotism was alive and well in that family. Does he work for Central Typewiter ??? SO, maybe not so far fetched that another family member/group was living with them on Mesa Ave ???

Maybe going back to "My William's" father's family (Herman and Anna Christine Diers) to see if there is another WJ in the family is the answer--- a nephew/cousin, maybe? A long shot...but couldn't get any stranger, huh?

Another strange thing, I lived in Albuquerque in the late 60's. Didn't even know that family was there. My grandparents visited for extended periods spending winters there.... Mabel's younger sister is my grandmother and my grandfather was WJ work mate and war buddy. I don't think they knew this either or this went right by me at the time. I was in jr high and high school. OR, there was some sort of split with the families ?? But not that I had heard of.

Kathy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kfanning134 26 Jul 2013 10:28PM GMT 
sauer7634 27 Jul 2013 12:29AM GMT 
kfanning134 27 Jul 2013 1:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions