Search for content in message boards

Dr. A.J. Tanny

Replies: 5

Re: Dr. A.J. Tanny

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi J.--I am 67 years old and live in Albuquerque, NM. A.J.'s brother, M.A. was my childhood doctor. As far as I remember my grandmother speaking about A.J., he was held in high regard, like M.A. But, I can tell you about M.A., his office was located at 109 Elm St SE. You had to climb a few steps into the building, it was a modern 1930's design. There was a built in aquarium with wonderful fish and in the middle of the waiting room was a round/totally circular couch with the back rest, round tubular--I'm pretty sure it was red velvet, anyway it was special. He gave hi-end large triangular suckers with sturdy, white looped "handles." I loved the root beer ones. M.A. was personable, very kind, quiet spoken---but with knowledge and authority. I remember enjoying going to see M.A. M.A. will always be special to our family because after my dad came home from ww2, he suffered from debilitating symptoms and it was M.A. who told my dad it sounded like a cancer--this is after my father had seen various drs. As a retired nurse, this tells me that he was on top of his practice and when I think of M.A., it is with the highest regard. I believe A.J. was the same--there is something about A.J. I can no longer remember, but it is good. It sounds like your dad was named after M.A, if this is the case, that's a telling thing about these two brothers and their love for each other. well wishes in your continuing search. bettyanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennifer 4 Nov 2001 10:31AM GMT 
Wayne 15 Jan 2002 11:50PM GMT 
heather Tanny 16 Mar 2003 5:10AM GMT 
Wayne 20 Feb 2004 1:54AM GMT 
Wayne 20 Feb 2004 1:25AM GMT 
betty a metzg... 8 Dec 2013 10:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic