Search for content in message boards

Hugh H. Brown (& Francis), Minnie Lee (Brown) Riley (& Noble), Bertha M. (Brown) Cooper (& William)

Replies: 8

Re: Hugh H. Brown (& Francis), Minnie Lee (Brown) Riley (& Noble), Bertha M. (Brown) Cooper (& William)

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown
I'm sorry but I don't think our Brown familes are related. My Brown line originated in Union SC, then Sevier and Jefferson counties in Tennessee, then Cole and Lawrence counties in Missouri and Indian Territory in Oklahoma and eventually New Mexico.

I recently found the families of Hugh Brown and Rachael (Brown) Ward that I am researching now living in Cement Oklahoma. It appears that our Brown family returned to Oklahoma from New Mexico sometime after the 1930 census was taken. Some of the Brown women did marry Indians but as far as I know, they were Choctaw and Comanchee, not Cherokee. I don't know a lot about my new found Brown family members, so this may be incorrect.

Since the Brown surname is so difficult to research, may I suggest that you check out the DNA study that is being done through Family Tree DNA. You can find the information related to the Brown study at brownsociety.org. We have found two DNA matches with our Brown line which originated in Union, SC.

Hope this helps, and I wish you luck.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
S_Sylva 31 Jan 2007 10:40PM GMT 
Hunt3p 9 Mar 2007 8:17PM GMT 
S_Sylva 11 Mar 2007 3:55AM GMT 
bobko 11 Mar 2007 10:34PM GMT 
jena harvesto... 11 Aug 2009 9:51AM GMT 
S_Sylva 11 Aug 2009 6:19PM GMT 
jena harvesto... 11 Aug 2009 9:47AM GMT 
nativegirl54 15 Sep 2011 2:50AM GMT 
nativegirl54 15 Sep 2011 2:53AM GMT 
per page