Search for content in message boards

Dexter, NM

Replies: 3

Re: Dexter, NM

Posted: 16 May 2010 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you both for so quickly sending this information. When I read that A. E. (Albert E) Macy was from Dexter, IA, I knew who that was. There were a couple of Macy families in Dallas Co., and they came from the Macy line that started with Thomas Macy, b 1608 Chilmark, Wiltshire, England and died in Nantucket, MA and his wife Sarah Hopcott. Some of the descendants were in Guilford Co., NC around the time of the Revolutionary War. I'm not sure if the original Macy line were Quakers, but they married into Quaker families in MA, NC, TN, and IN.

I spent some time on this line because a distant cousin to A. E. Macy was named Mary Ann Macy. She married Nathan Mendenhall. Her parents were Nathan Hinshaw Macy and Susannah Lewis. Her father was a Quaker, b in TN. Nathan Mendenhall's parents were Richard Mendenhall and Elizabeth Barnett. Richard Mendenhall was instrumental in establishing a Quaker meeting house in Dallas Co in the 1850s. Richard's brother Joseph Mendenhall is the father of my great great grandmother Elizabeth Mendenhall Horton.

I believe Nathan Mendenhall is buried at the Bear Creek Cemetery (Quaker burial ground) in Dallas Co., IA.

Thanks again for your help.

Patricia Max
pam@lampinc.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PatriciaMax25 15 May 2010 11:50PM GMT 
elvisfleming 16 May 2010 8:54PM GMT 
pgarratt 16 May 2010 10:42PM GMT 
PatriciaMax25 17 May 2010 2:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions