Search for content in message boards

Tom Frank Meridith Roswell NM 1920

Replies: 0

Tom Frank Meridith Roswell NM 1920

Posted: 11 Feb 2011 9:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meridith, Meredith
My name is James Perdue and I live in Ozark Missouri. My family has searched for many many years to uncover the history of my Father's real and adoptive parents. They were in Roswell NM in and around 1920. We have the adoption papers and a phone book sighting for them in about 1920. Anyway, I am willing to contract with a researcher in Roswell and pay for them for uncovering anything new about my Father (especially my real Grandfather).

Father name Roy Meridith Perdue His name at birth I believe was Arley Leroy Meridith born February 22 (or 18th) 1918 in or near Roswell.

His Mother was Eunice Hastings from Oklahoma (we have her family information) and she was alive to tell most of this story.
His Father was allegedly Tom Frank Meridith but the trail ends there. A phone book lists Tom Meridith as an agent for the Singer Sewing Machine Co. is in Roswell about 1920.

According to Eunice, they were married in Wellington Kansas in about 1915 but there is no marriage certificate in that county. Tom was also alleged to be a bigamist and was sent to the Army in lieu of criminal punishment (US Army has no record of any service man by his name). Again, according to the story he moved to Brownsville TX later and perhaps was active with the church there. He abandoned Eunice six months before my father was born and that resulted in my Dad being adopted by Gene and Sadie Perdue.

If you know of someone interested in researching this, please have them email me. I would be glad hire them for this project.

Jim Perdue yeahright60@gmail.com 1-417-581-3500 home phone

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions