Search for content in message boards

everybody says she died in Roswell, NM ... but I don't know why!

Replies: 6

Re: everybody says she died in Roswell, NM ... but I don't know why!

Posted: 1 May 2013 7:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Amy, I have done extensive research in Roswell, New Mexico and do have an idea for you to look into. There was a TB hospital in Roswell during this time period and folks came from various places in the country hoping to be cured. I believe it was run by Catholic nuns. I am guessing that is the reason she went to Roswell and died there even though she may not have had ties there. The Historical Society for SE New Mexico has a book that covers only a year or two (if I am remembering correctly) that lists those who died of TB in that hospital. I would contact them to see if they can find anything about her there.

My grandfather's family moved from Cincinnati Ohio to Roswell in 1901 for that very reason, although they did not go into the hospital. My great grandfather on my grandmother's side also moved to Roswell for their health in 1896. Many folks went to Roswell for their health. So even if she did not have TB it is my best guess she went there only in the hopes of regaining her health.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
3rdGenGR 1 May 2013 8:27PM GMT 
pgarratt 2 May 2013 1:22AM GMT 
3rdGenGR 5 May 2013 6:50PM GMT 
pgarratt 5 May 2013 8:17PM GMT 
sunnyday9 28 May 2013 10:26PM GMT 
3rdGenGR 28 May 2013 11:09PM GMT 
pgarratt 2 May 2013 1:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions