Search for content in message boards

Norweigen roots in Deming, NM: Roy Westboy, b.1880s possibly Deming, NM; d. 1953 Chicago, IL

Replies: 0

Norweigen roots in Deming, NM: Roy Westboy, b.1880s possibly Deming, NM; d. 1953 Chicago, IL

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Was there a large population of Norweigens that settled in or aroung Deming, NM?? I have been tracing my great-grandfather for over 10 years, without any luck. New evidence says he was from Deming, NM.

Looking for any info on Roy William Westboy. Been searching for him for years. Have several documents from 1917 until his death in 1953, but can find absolutely nothing before 1917. All of the documents I have say he was born January 1st, but range in year from 1880-1887. So not sure which year exactly.

1940 census has him living in Springfield, MI. It says he was born in New Mexico. WWII draft says he was born in Deming, NM on January 1, 1880

WWI draft card says he was born in Kristiana, Norway on January 1, 1887.

1930 census says he was born in Louisiana and his parents were born in South America.

Death certificate says he was born in Illinois and his parents were John Westboy and Mary Gonzales.

Can't determine where he is in the 1900, 1910, or 1920 censuses. His wife and child were living in Chicago, IL in 1920 without him. They lived there until the 1950s.

Family story has it, that he was born in Norway and adopted out of England before coming to the U.S. Nothing found to prove this story though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am unfamiliar with researching in New Mexico.

Thanks!
Aymee

Find a board about a specific topic