Search for content in message boards

M F Hawkins

Replies: 2

M F Hawkins

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 9:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hawkins
Just looking to see if anyone has information on a Margaret Scott or her husband M F Hawkins who lived in Parsons, Labette, Kansas. More specifically, Liberty Township where they were married 16 Mar 1874. I have them on a census for 1875, and then after that I have what I believe to be the same M.F. Hawkins in Placita, Bernalillo, New Mexico in 1880, and then again in Precinct 11, Socorro, New Mexico listed with a 16 year old son (C.F. Hawkins) in 1885.

The family story is that M.F. (Michael I believe is what the "M" stands for) moved to Texas from Kansas around 1870, hated it, moved back to Kansas, got married and then eventually headed west and was never heard from again. It was originally believed to be California where he ended up but the Census' are pointing towards New Mexico.

Trying to get a Death date, location or burial site and trying to figure out in general what became of Michael and/or his son.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ben Hawkins 24 Jun 2012 3:16AM GMT 
jdwasson 25 Jun 2012 5:35PM GMT 
Ben Hawkins 26 Jun 2012 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions