Search for content in message boards

Chacon-Estrada

Replies: 4

Chacon-Estrada

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2003 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Trujillo, Estrada, Chacon, Gallegos, Martinez, Roybal, Fernandez, and so on back thru the years
Several of my relatives on my grandfather's side have been traced thru Taos county, and I have noticed some new posts regarding Chacon/Estrada/Trujillo now in Taos. Below is the post I sent to Karen earlier. Anyone with any information, I would be most grateful to hear from you!
Below is the Chacon/Estrada lineage I have. I have so far been able to find NOTHING on these people. My paternal grandmother was Lucia Estrada (probably Maria Lucia, as her sister was also named Maria Guadalupe), born 9/13/1904 in Las Cruces, NM. HER parents were Mary (Maria) Chacon and Simon Estrada (who was said to be much older than Maria). Maria was born 6/4/1884 in NM, but I don't know where. Simon died about 1914 or there abouts (can not find record of it) reportedly in Silver City (well, actually in "El Fiero", but the closest I could find was "Fierro" which is part of Silver City now). Maria's parents were Remedios Gallegos and Guadalupe Chacon (My aunt was certain her great grandfather's name was Guadalupe and g-grandmother was Remedios). I can not find birth, baptismal or death records for any of them except death records on my grandma and great grandma. This is all I know on this side of my dad's family, and I am determined to find them somehow. Do you know any of them, or people who can lead me to any of them? Grandma's family eventually migrated to Greeley, Colorado. After her father's death, her mother married Simon de la Torres (another person I cannot find records for). Great grandma is buried in San Francisco (I've visited her grave and taken pictures), and I have her death certificate on order. She had divorced de la Torres in her younger years (he died in Los Angeles, from what I understand. His family was said to have owned the town of Fierro), and the name at her death was Mary C. Estrada, and she died in 1947. This is all the credible information I have on this side of the family. I have sent mails, emails, begged for searches, and so far have turned up no information on any of them. My great grandfather supposedly worked for the railroad, and grandma "was baptised in that little town across the border in Arizona, but the church burnt down years ago".
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KathyJasperso... 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
estradar24 28 Nov 2011 12:12PM GMT 
donald4146 30 Nov 2011 10:25PM GMT 
estradar24 3 Feb 2013 12:45AM GMT 
estradar24 3 Feb 2013 10:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions