Search for content in message boards

Victor Cordova & Juana Roybal

Replies: 2

Re: Victor Cordova & Juana Roybal

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2002 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Cordova, Roybal, Lopez, Ortega, Martin, Lopez
I copied the following from a posting by Alice Chatwin. In the posting you will see that --Jose Victor CORDOVA (b. ca 1844)-- married to Juana Roybal -- is the son of Rumaldo de Jesus Cordova & Maria Felipa Ortega.

I hae this file record for Victor: --[note there are 2 children of this family by the name Victor]
BAPTISM: Taos Baptisms 1701-1852 (compiled by Tom Martinez), p. 121.
Victor (7 days) Cordova.
Parents: Rumaldo Cordova & Maria Felipa Ortega
"vecinos de San Antonio del Embudo"
PGP: Santiago Cordova & Juana Martinez
MGP:Victor Ortega & Maria Josefa Romero
Padrinos:Juan de Dios Lucero & Maia Cortez, from San Jose del Bosque."

-----My Note: There is a later child named "Victor" in this family. Perhaps the Victor of this PAF died and the later child was named Victor OR perhaps they are the same child? The later child's info was given me by Alice Chatwin with birth (abt 1844) so the 1841 Victor and the 1844 Victor may be the same child?

I have a bap record fo Romauldo:
---BAPTISM: Picuris Baptisms (compiled by Betty Pacheco), p. 167
7 Feb 18189. Romauldo de Jesus (3 days). s/ Santiago Cordova & Juana Martin espanoles y vecinos del Chamisal. gp/ Francisco Romero & Maria del Carmen (ns), vecinos de las Trampas.

--Rumaldo de Jesus is the son of Felipe Santiago Cordova & Juana Martin
I have a baptismal record for Rumaldo:

I have a marriage record for Felipe Santiago Cordova & Juana Martin:
--MARRIAGE:
Picuris Marriages 1726-1837 (compiled by Betty Pacheco), p.48.
5 Feb 1817. CORDOBA (sic), Felipe Santiago, Spanish, s/ Juan de Jesus Cordova & Ysabel Martin; m. Martin, Maria Juana, spanish, d/ Jose Martin & Maria Francisca Herrera.
Padrinos: Miguel Santos Martin & Maria Manuela Romero.
Wit: el sacristan mayor and fiscal.

Juan de Jesus Cordova was widowed of Ysabel MARTIN by 1817, according to the marriage record for his second marriage to Maria Paula ARAGON:

---2nd MARRIAGE:
Maria Paula is listed as spouse (ns) in 2nd marriage of Juan de Jesus. Picuris Marriages 1726-1837 (compiled by Betty Pacheco), p. 39.
10 Dec 1817. CORDOVA, Juan de Jesus, wid/ Maria Ysabe (n.s.), m. (n.s.) Maria Paula, wid/ Migel (sic) Martin. Wit: Jose de Herrera, 60, Felipe Pacheco, Culas Pais, 60, and Santos Martin, 38. Pad: Santos Martin & his wife. Wit: el sacristan mayor and others.

Juan de Jesus was the son of Baltasar Cordova & Ana Maria Lopez.

---my file notes for Baltasar Cordova:
Listed as parent in NMGS Santa Cruz de la Canada baptisms, Vol. 1, p. 144 for CORDOBA, Tomasa Rafaela. bap 9 Mch 1770; d/ Baltasar CORDOBA & Maria LOPES; gp/ Pedro GALAN & Anatasia MARTIN.

listed as parent in 1773 baptism in Santa Fe baptisms 1747-1851 (Tom Martinez database),

I don't know at this time who Baltasar's parents are. If you find more, please do let me know.

Hope this helps in your search. By the way, I recall that we corresponded before on some other records? Do you recall? Your e-mail address rings familiar.

I collect all the CORDOVA data I can find with the commitment to connect as many of "us" as possible. Let me know if this helps. Your query was posted some time ago, so you may already know much of what I've listed.

Alice Chatwin's postings have helped me connect many of the loose ends in my files so I am grateful to her for the research she has done for us.

Gloria Cordova
CordovaG@aol.com

Cordova of NM from 1845 to 1770
Posted by: alice Date: September 29, 2000 at 10:04:48
of 111
Rumaldo Cordova Batz 7 Feb 1819 in st Lawerence Mission Taos NM
married
Maria Felipa Ortega. His father was Santiago Cordova and Juana Martin. Maria Felipa parents are Bitor Ortega and Maria Josefa Romero
Childern are Jose Victor Cordova Born about 1844 who marred Junaita Roival
Maria Concepion Cordova Batz 9 Dec 1846 Husband manuel Suciro
Jose De Gracia Cordova Batz 19 mar 1849
Maira Encarnacion Cordova batz 7 June 1851
Jose De La Cruz Cordova 7 July 1853
Felipe Santiago Cordova BatZ 20 May 1840
Santiago Cordova parents are Juan De Jesus Cordova and Isbel Martin he married Juana Martin and her parents are Jose Martin and Francisca De Herrera
Chilren are
Rose Cordova married Traxxin Simbols
Rumaldo De Jesus Cordova
Juan Felipe Cordova Batz 8 june 1823
Antiono Jose Cordova Batz 10 Mar 1828
Antiono Jose Cordova batz 2 Jan 1833
Hope this may help someone looking for this line
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
L. Aguilar 24 Feb 2002 5:01PM GMT 
GloriaCordova... 4 Jun 2002 8:31AM GMT 
GloriaCordova... 4 Jun 2002 8:41AM GMT 
per page