Search for content in message boards

Hilary Dickens, Belva Lockwood St Clair, Livonia Joyce Beach

Replies: 7

Hilary Dickens, Belva Lockwood St Clair, Livonia Joyce Beach

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dickens, Dickens, St Clair, Beach, Lockwood, Hardy, Low
My great grandfather had three children with my great grandmother, "Belva Lockwood St Clair. But it turns out he was married before(we only recently discovered this on accident) and had three more children with Livonia Joyce BEACH, marrying her in 1909. I guess he was married four different times, with Grace Low and Mae Hardy. My grandfather was his second child, I believe, Edwin Earl Dickens, born in 1933. Edwin had 4 children, the first of them being my mother.

Interested in knowing if I have any second cousins out there in New Mexico or somewhere else? Edwin moved to Iowa, but my mom and I now live in California. (I have found we can trace our family history of the Dickens back to Colonel Robert Dickins, of North Carolina. The family then moved to Tennessee, then Mississippi, and then finally New Mexico with Hilary.)

But does anyone know anything more about Belva and her parents? I know she was born in 1912 Arkansas, but I can't find where. My grandfather says she was half Cherokee half French. He said her mother was a Medicine Woman and father being a fur trader from France. Years ago I found a website that claimed her mother's name was "Curly".
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GwendolynDick... 10 Jun 2012 6:54AM GMT 
judyartley53 10 Jul 2012 3:16AM GMT 
GwendolynDick... 28 May 2013 11:37PM GMT 
judyartley53 10 Jul 2012 3:46AM GMT 
GwendolynDick... 28 May 2013 11:42PM GMT 
judyartley53 10 Jul 2012 4:03AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 11 Jul 2012 4:28AM GMT 
Kyle Leslein 22 Feb 2014 3:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions