George L. Turk & Rose E. Dutcher in Broome County NY - obits

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TURK, DUTCHER, NATHANS, BERGMAN, UPDYKE, STANKUS, SLATER, TIBBITS
George and Rose are my g-grandparents.

George Lyman Turk
Binghamton Sun
Monday May 16, 1932

TURK - George L. Turk of 105 Park Ave., died Saturday Morning at the City Hospital. He is survived by his wife, Rose; four sons, George and Mahlon Turk of this city, John W. of New Milford and Clarence of Grand Gorge and six daughters, Mrs. (May Belle) Percy Bergman, Mrs. (Orphie J. Turk) Frank Nathans and Mrs. (Nancy D. Turk) J. H. Chase of this city, Mrs. Milo Tibbits of Norwich, Mrs. E. H. (Blanche Turk) Slater of Chicago and Miss Grace Turk of Roxbury. The funeral will be held at 2:30 o'clock this afternoon at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Frank Nathans, 36 (or 38) Frederick St. Rev. Theodore J. Dewees will officiate. Burial will be in the Chenango Valley Cemetery. Arrangements by M. J. Moriarity.

Obit for Rose E. (nee Dutcher) Turk
Binghamton Sun Saturday Sept. 14, 1940

TURK - Mrs. Rose E. Turk, 82, died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Francis Nathans (Orphie J. Turk), 539 State St., Binghamton, NY; Thursday night at 10:15. Besides Mrs. (Orphie J. Turk) Nathans, she is survived by four other daughters, Mrs. Nancy (Turk) Chase and Mrs. (May Belle Turk) Percy Bergman both of Binghamton and Mrs. Blanche Stankus (should read Stankevicze) of Chicago and Miss Grace Turk of Roxbury; three sons, Mahlon J. Turk of Binghamton, J.W. Turk (James/John?) of New Milford and George L. Turk of Castle Creek; 21 grandchildren and 12 g-grandchildren. The funeral will be held at 1:30 o'clock Monday afternoon at her home. The Rev. Theodore J. Dewees will officiate. Burial will be in the Chenango Valley Cemetery. Arrangements by J.F. Rice.

My email is MistyBiue49@aol.com, if anyone see's a connection, please email me.

I have quite a bit of Turk and some Dutcher family history.

Linda

Find a board about a specific topic