Search for content in message boards

EUSON - PALMER family from Cortland County, NY

Replies: 4

Re: EUSON - PALMER family from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lynn,

Based on info you provided: bride being graduate of DeRuyter school, I went back and looked for Starr Palmer in Madison County census. Found family on 1930 in Georgetown, Madison County - when I clicked on Neva's name, it took me to other census records with her name.

On the 1900 census for Lincklaen, Chenango County, Neva BUMPUS was 18 years old and living with her parents, A. Henry Pumpus and wife, Hettie (age 31) along with two other siblings and her paternal grandmother, Hannah Bumpus.

I'd be very safe to say that the Hettie Coon you mentioned in 1944 newpaper article, is indeed Velma Palmer's maternal grandmother, only she must have remarried sometime after death of her first husband, A. Henry.

Thanks for your assistance - never even gave it any thought that Velma might not be from Cortland County since the Euson family lived in the Solon - McGraw areas.... Both Neva and Starr are buried in the Hillcrest Cemetery in DeRuyter, NY....checked there but no record of Velma's burial in Find A Grave.com. Oh well....will keep searching!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ptownpest 26 Nov 2012 10:36PM GMT 
flutterby54 29 Nov 2012 5:52PM GMT 
ptownpest 29 Nov 2012 6:30PM GMT 
ptownpest 29 Nov 2012 7:11PM GMT 
flutterby54 29 Nov 2012 8:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic