Search for content in message boards

LYON(s) family & associated branches in Cortland County, NY

Replies: 0

LYON(s) family & associated branches in Cortland County, NY

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LYON, LYONS, RANSOM, HAYNES, STODDARD, FOX
Hoping to locate others researching the LYON (or LYONS) families in Cortland County.

Specifically tracing those who are connected to Joseph Lyon(s): b. abt 1775-1778 (unknown location) and d. 9 Feb 1850, probably in Cortland County. He is buried in the Potter Hill Cemetery in Taylor, Cortland County as is his wife, Abigail, who died 22 Nov 1850 - her death may have occurred in Chenango County, NY but I've not been able to validate that piece of data as of yet.

Would like to find a number of things about Joseph - where and when was he born..who were is parents...does he have any siblings?

In regards to Abigail....not 100% sure of her maiden name. It may be RANSOM or it may be HAYNES. I would absolutely be most grateful for validated resources to document her parents' names, etc.

According the census records Joseph and Abigail had 5 children: 1 unknown named male, 3 unknown named females and a son named Pardon Haynes LYON, who was born in Bennington County, VT and was married 1st to Nancy STODDARD in VT and then to his 2nd wife, Ruby Day FOX (possibly in Wayne County, NY). All three are also buried in the Potter Hill Cemtery in Taylor.

Pardon and his two wives had a total of 10 children - one of them was Frank Pierce Lyon. My children are descended from this specific line.

Would be most grateful to hear from anyone who may have "validated" proof/information regarding Joseph and Abigail Lyons...I hope to hear from you soon.

Kem

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions