Search for content in message boards

"Long lost" cemetery in East Homer, Cortland County, NY - Crandall burials

Replies: 4

"Long lost" cemetery in East Homer, Cortland County, NY - Crandall burials

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 1:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRANDALL
Hoping someone who reads this will have knowledge of or know someone who has first hand knowledge of a "long, lost" cemetery in East Homer which contains the remains of several CRANDALL family members.

According to John Cortland Crandall, author of "Elder John Crandall of Rhode Island and his Descendants" published in 1949 on page 107 - the author interviewed Mrs. Addie (Crandall) Green, d/o William Henry Harrison Crandall. She was about 90 yrs old at the time (1937). She told him of the burial location on top of a hill between Homer and East Homer and that the yard was marked by a tall pine tree. Five years later, the author while visiting Homer, was told by a hunter that it indeed existed and both went to it. The tall pine tree was still standing and they found the markers of Elias, Avery and other Crandall members of the family."

I'd like to find this cemetery and am hoping someone would be familiar with it & willing to provide directions to it's location. I'd also wondering if someone might have recorded the names of all persons buried there. Would anyone know if such records exist and if so, where I might locate them??

I welcome any and all suggestions and guidance pertaining to this request. Thank you so much!

Kem
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ptownpest 31 Jul 2013 7:25PM GMT 
JimLivermoreN... 1 Aug 2013 1:50PM GMT 
ptownpest 1 Aug 2013 3:32PM GMT 
ptownpest 1 Aug 2013 3:53PM GMT 
JimLivermoreN... 1 Aug 2013 7:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions