Search for content in message boards

Aaron Bascom 1820 Truxton, Cortland, NY

Replies: 8

Re: Aaron Bascom 1820 Truxton, Cortland, NY

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 9:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there Mona, I am Sue. I am descendant of Ruth Eliza Bascom, Harvey K's sister. She also was in Winfield KS with her husband John J Todd and daughter Ada Louise Todd Harriss. Do you have Ruth Eliza Bascom death date or burial site? It has been fun looking further into the siblings and discovering how close they were. It is all new to us just this past year. We discovered Bascoms when my uncle showed me his grandmother's death certificate with the name Todd. Since I had access here to Ancestry and we had the name, we were off to the races. Unfortunately, we have no knowledge, no papers, no bibles, nothing to offer you but the one photo (posted on my listing for Ruth Eliza Todd Fyock, my 2nd great gmother). I am 99.5%certain she was Ruth Eliza Bascom's daughter. BUT I am going on census data and making some assumptions based on Winfield KS newspaper, circumstances, and namesake children! After my meeting with my uncle, and then finding Melissa Hughes's research on the Todd's (she descends from Ada Louise Todd), I planned a trip to Putnam County IL April 2010. I live in Chicago, so was about 90 min drive. I met a wonderful woman working at the historical society in Hennepin, and she showed me there is a recorded gravesite for Aaron, but it was not something to search for on a cold rainy April day, alone. I didn't make a notation, but I remember her saying it was off by itself somewhere. I went off to photograph all the Todd gravesites in the Granville cemetery. I am hoping to go back on the next warm sunny day I can, for more searching. I didn't know enough the last time I was there. If you are close by, it might be fruitful if you, Totobelle, and I went there together. There are beautiful original books in the courthouse, but not avail to public. The clerk who has handled them for years is (or has) retired and they don't know what they will do without her knowledge! Scary. But I did get to see Aaron's land purchase in this big old ledger book. Since I connected with Totobelle a few weeks ago, I have been so inspired. I believe there is a lot more to harvest in Putnam county, in person. sueblattner @ gmail dot com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jgengras 30 Jul 2001 12:31AM GMT 
gardenkeeper1 22 Dec 2007 3:17AM GMT 
ALBsusan 2 Apr 2011 11:00PM GMT 
TotoBelle 26 Dec 2011 9:46PM GMT 
TotoBelle 26 Dec 2011 9:52PM GMT 
ALBsusan 27 Dec 2011 2:16AM GMT 
TotoBelle 27 Dec 2011 3:22AM GMT 
MThorpe55 10 Jan 2012 4:39AM GMT 
ALBsusan 10 Jan 2012 4:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions