Search for content in message boards

Families from Bombay: Beauchene, Oakes, French, LaRouche, Cloonkey, Rushlow + Brady? Perry? Rochlean?

Replies: 4

Re: Families from Bombay: Beauchene, Oakes, French, LaRouche, Cloonkey, Rushlow + Brady? Perry? Rochlean?

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 4:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beauchene, Oakes
Hi,

I have been tracing the family of Jacques Racine dit Beauchesne and Alix Tellier dit Lafortune.

In 1867 the family removed from Quebec to Bombay, Franklin County, New York. Two of their daughters are mentioned in your post: Marie Eloise Beauchesne or Eliza who married Joseph Ruslow (or Rocheleau) and Sophie.

From your post it seems Sophie 'got around'. You can find more information by looking at the Tomlinson family on ancestry. Particularly interesting to me is the Lafortune family which I've traced back to France. The Beauchesne family will be fairly easy to trace as the records in Quebec are excellent.

Glenn

P.S. regarding the Beauchesne/Beauchene/Boshane connection to Oaks/Oakes... I'm assuming you've discovered the english word for chesne/chene is 'oak'

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Julie Reising 3 Dec 2004 6:37PM GMT 
sheila vester 24 Jul 2005 9:41PM GMT 
angusr_1 11 Jan 2006 6:48PM GMT 
Joyce 14 Jan 2006 1:01PM GMT 
glennvtomlins... 18 Dec 2012 11:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions