Search for content in message boards

Families from Bombay: Beauchene, Oakes, French, LaRouche, Cloonkey, Rushlow + Brady? Perry? Rochlean?

Replies: 4

Families from Bombay: Beauchene, Oakes, French, LaRouche, Cloonkey, Rushlow + Brady? Perry? Rochlean?

Julie Reising (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2004 11:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2004 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Beauchene, Oakes, French, LaRouche, Cloonkey, Rushlow, Brady, Perry, Rochlean
I am hoping to hear from anyone connected to the following family or anyone who can make recommendations on where to look for additional records:

James BEAUCHENE/OAKES b. 06 Mar 1878 in Bombay, d. 12 May 1953 in Plattsburgh. He married (wife's name unknown) circa 1905 and had three sons: William Beauchene who moved to the Worcester, Mass area; Francis Joseph Duchene & Joseph W. Duchene. Frank and Joe remained in the area of West Chazy.

William J. BEAUCHENE/OAKES b. 20 Aug 1880 in Bombay, d. 26 Jan 1963 in Ogdensburg. He married Mary Agnes FRENCH {daughter of John B. FRENCH and Mary Jane LaROUCHE) on 16 Aug 1905 in Fort Covington. William & Mary are my great-grandparents.

Collin BEAUCHENE b. 01 Apr 1883 in Bombay. I know nothing more than this about Collin.

Nelson BEAUCHENE b. May 1891 in Bombay. He moved "East" according to a family member's obituary.

Lottie OAKES b. 22 Apr 1900 and d. 13 Sep 1974 in Potsdam. She married Miles AGEN and lived in Raymondville.

These five individuals are siblings. St. Mary's (Brushton) baptismal records for the first three children list at leasts 2 different fathers and one is illegitmate. I am trying to solve the mystery of their parents. There are several discrepancies among my sources.

The father may have been: James (or Jacques) BEAUCHENE/OAKES, William BRADY or Joseph ROCHLEAN. The mother may have been Sophia Beauchene, Sophia Perry or Sophia Brady.

I believe that the Sophia OAKES who died in Bombay on 04 Aug 1914 is their mother. I have her obit but have been unable to find her burial location in the area. I am seeking any additional information on her.

I'm also, looking for information about Eliza BEAUCHENE (I believe she is the sister of sister-in-law of the above Sophie), b. about Abt. 1852 and d. 1931. She is buried in the St. Mary's cemetery in Brushton.

Eliza married a man with the name of RUSHLOW. I am looking for any info about this union or any descedants.

Thank you.
Julie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Julie Reising 3 Dec 2004 6:37PM GMT 
sheila vester 24 Jul 2005 9:41PM GMT 
angusr_1 11 Jan 2006 6:48PM GMT 
Joyce 14 Jan 2006 1:01PM GMT 
glennvtomlins... 18 Dec 2012 11:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions