Cumberland Hospital in Brooklyn, NY.
1933: Cumberland Hosp., 39 Auburn Place; general, 131 beds, owned by City of New York (since 1929). It moved to this location in 1931.
1936 citation may be confused: Kings Park State [Hosp.] (Mental Hygiene Clinic. New Cumberland Hosp.), North Elliott Place, Auburn Place, Brooklyn.
1937 history: Cumberland Hosp., Portland Ave. & Auburn Place; 948 births in 1935. In 1930, patients in the Brooklyn Cancer Institute were dispersed--to this and other hospitals. In 1936, cancer patients were transferred to Kings County Hospital.
Posted by Reg Niles