Search for content in message boards

Researching RC Diocese of Brooklyn Archives

Replies: 1

Re: Researching RC Diocese of Brooklyn Archives

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Indeed, i can help you! Start by contacting the archdiocese of new york in yonkers (914)476-6333. Check your old pictures of your long gone relatives whom you're searching for. I'm looking for my great-grandma, and she left her address on the back of her picture from 1917. Keep in mind, that at that time, everyone was in walking distance,no cars!And that the parishes were divided up by ethnic groups.Brooklyn archives aren't centralized. So when you contact them,explain were you're relative was from i.e were they irish? italian? Were they born in new york or europe? etc. And they will tell you ,if you have an address,which parish was closest,and which ones to contact that have the records.Call the approximate parish, write a brief clear note , stating why you're looking for that person(in my case i want to know where she's buried in kings county),what's your relation,and as many accurate dates as you have about that person.Mail it off ,wait for word back. I just did that today. Good luck on your search! hope this helps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
William Johns... 10 Jul 2010 2:57PM GMT 
AMcElroy65 8 Oct 2011 3:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic