Search for content in message boards

WAKEFIELD

Replies: 2

WAKEFIELD

H. D. O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WAKEFIELD, ROWELL
Am seeking information on Matthew Wakefield. In a Lewis Co., History I located at the Family History Library in SLC, UT, Matthew WAKEFIELD was listed as an elector in Turin in 1807. Also, in the Lewis Co. Deeds, dated 29 Jan 1812, a Phebe ROWELL, along with the following people: William ROWELL and wife Margaret, Azel RIEVES and his wife Chloe, Matthew WAKEFIELD and his wife Phebe, all of the town of Turin; Sally GREEN of the town of Boonville, Oneida Co.; and John PLACE(or PLAN?)and his wife Deborah of Providence, Saratoga Co.; all listed as "parties of the first part" were selling ten acres of land to George HASKINS of Turin.

I believe Matthew's wife Phebe was a ROWELL. It is possible Matthew was born in Massachusetts. It appears they moved to Annsville, Oneida Co., between 1820 and 1830. I think some of their children were: William WAKEFIELD who in the 1855 State Census for Camden listed his birthplace as Lewis Co (his wife is listed as Betsy); Chauncey WAKEFIELD, who married Catherine Stowell, was also listed in Camden in the 1855 Census and listed his birthplace as Lewis Co.; Daniel WAKEFIELD; James WAKEFIELD who died in 1896 in Parma, Michigan; and Huldah WAKEFIELD, who married first to Daniel BYINGTON in Camden, and after Daniel's death she married Matthew DOPP. Huldah's two children were Susan Byington DALE (my 2nd Great Grandmother)and Hannah Byington BENJAMIN (first husband) JONES(second husband). Would appreciate any information anyone could give me on Matthew and Phebe WAKEFIELD.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
H. D. O'Connor 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
SusanDonk 8 Sep 2012 4:08AM GMT 
njwakefield 29 Jan 2013 5:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic