Search for content in message boards

Gladys Naomi Parsons Russell Cronk/Mrs. Jessie Livingston Cook

Replies: 5

Gladys Naomi Parsons Russell Cronk/Mrs. Jessie Livingston Cook

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 8:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parsons, Livingston, Cronk
I am looking for information on Mrs. Jessie Livingston Parsons Cook who was the wife of my great grandfather, Franklin Page Parsons. All I know about her is her name and the I have a death date of 1943 for her. My grandfather is listed as being married in his Register of Death in the Town of Potter, Yates County NY. But there is no mention of her in his obituary when he died on April 28, 1927 in Stanley, NY at the home of his son, Chester Parsons.
Here is where Gladys Naomi Parsons Russell Cronk comes into the picture. She was born in 1906 the youngest of 12 children. I have an article about her and her second husband Donald Cronk. She states "During World War I, Mrs. Parsons (Jessie, her mother) became restless; with her youngest child, (Gladys) moved to Rochester." She also says that they origianlly lived on South Washington Street in the Third Ward. Their home was within earshot of the canal. I don't know where or when it was published. But she says she is the youngest and only surviving child of Frank and Jessie Parsons. And her name is only listed as Gladys Parsons Cronk. It shows a pictute of Aunt Gladys and her second husband, Donald Cronk. According to our family genealogy he would have been her second husband. Her first one was Lawrence Russell. At the time of this article the Cronks lived on Wilbur Street. It says there are five children, 26 grand-children, and 13 great grandchildren. But there is no mention that this is a second marriage for her. She states that at the age of 15 she was the second cook in Doctor Lee's Hospital on Lake. It says that Mr. and Mrs. Cronk spent much of their childhood in the neighborhoods off Lake Avenue.
I am trying to find some relatives. The article also states that she has family stories, pictures, and an older sister's written account to remind her of her pioneering heritage.
I would like to find out if she actually was married twice. Also is some surviving relative would have information on the above itmes that she had.

I would sincerely appreciate any help I can get about this family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Keuka410 11 Mar 2007 3:21AM GMT 
mandg9669 11 Mar 2007 5:21PM GMT 
Keuka410 9 Apr 2007 3:17AM GMT 
Rochester_Pub... 9 Apr 2007 9:20PM GMT 
Keuka410 9 Apr 2007 10:35PM GMT 
jrrussell54 12 Mar 2013 2:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions