Search for content in message boards

Rochester 1898 fire

Replies: 16

Re: Rochester 1898 fire

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello

I could be of some help here.

My name is Meredith Pudney (married name Charlebois)
I was born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada.
Lucille Pudney was my first cousin once removed as my father W. Harold Pudney was her first cousin.
Lucille was also my Godmother.
She was married to Wallace Stratton Ware who was my Godfather.
I used to go visit Lucille's parents "Uncle Jack and Aunt Minnie" at their address on Dundas St. in London when I was VERY young....likely under three years old. They were the parents of Lucille Pudney.
I think they both died when I was very young as they simply disappeared from my "reality".
I know Aunt Minnie was Uncle Jack's (John) second marriage. He was married to someone else and did have at least TWO children that I know of. Where this happened I have no idea. BUT I do know who those two children were. There was some kind of MAJOR falling out between his first set of children and Aunt Minnie and Lucille. They did go live with someone else, likely in London, Ontario. Their names were Olive and Arthur Carty, the Carty taken instead of Pudney. Likely from the grandparents? Olive and Arthur lived in a beautiful home on Richmond Street in London for decades. He was quite a famous writer and journalist in London when I was a child and growing up. But we never met much because I was sort of included in the "feud" between the two families. They were really nice though and it was sad that they all couldn't have gotten along. In fact Lucille and Olive truly looked like sisters, but never spoke. How sad.
I didn't know about a fire or that Uncle Jack had lived in the US. It would help explain why Lucille ended up moving to all three cities... Buffalo, Rochester, and Serycuse before I reached the age of 13. Wally was at my 12 birthday, that would have been May 2, 1961 and he died sometime after that. Pancreatic Cancer. age 56 or so? I had heard that both his brothers died of exactly the same thing at exactly the same age. Don't know their names.
Hope this help! Happy to fill you in on any other info I can!
Sincerely
Meredith Pudney (Charlebois)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DKehoeLawrenc... 2 Feb 2012 4:41AM GMT 
kathydon217 2 Feb 2012 4:54AM GMT 
kathydon217 2 Feb 2012 5:08AM GMT 
kathydon217 2 Feb 2012 5:28AM GMT 
DKehoeLawrenc... 2 Feb 2012 5:41AM GMT 
kathydon217 2 Feb 2012 3:43AM GMT 
MeredithLeePu... 30 Aug 2013 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic