Search for content in message boards

John Baptist Nickel

Replies: 2

John Baptist Nickel

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 9:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OSTER, NICKEL, CONSLER, KLEM, BUCHER
For years I listed JBN's death date as December 19, 1918. I just discovered that there is a cousin John Nickel who died on that date and my data was wrong. No wonder we were all confused by the Holy Sepulchre's Life Book page.

John Baptist Nickel was born on April 10, 1854 in Germany. I don't have his death date now that I deleted it in my Ancestry page. He was buried at Holy Sep in Section S Alphabet, Lot 17, Grave #: 7L on 10/25/1920. His wife, Mary Oster is in 7R.

I emailed Robert Moore at Holy Sep and if he has the death date I'll post it here. If not I'll order his death certificate and put it on Ancestry. If RM gives me the death date, I'll order JBN's death certificate anyway so we have the correct documentation.

If any of you have JBN's death certificate email a copy to me and I'll get it up on the site. This error has been on my data for years so I need to get it corrected. My email address is: anniebowie@charter.net

The 1920 US Federal Census for Rochester has JBN listed as alive, too.

I was drawing a picture of Anton Raymond Nickel because he was the only one who didn't have a photo and needed one. That's when I realized JBN's death date didn't compute with the other data.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anniebowie 6 Jul 2013 3:35PM GMT 
jmerkel 6 Jul 2013 7:36PM GMT 
anniebowie 6 Jul 2013 9:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions