Search for content in message boards

Re: Emma Louise Davidson Birth 28 Sep 1926 Death 28 Aug 1993

Replies: 1

Re: Emma Louise Davidson Birth 28 Sep 1926 Death 28 Aug 1993

Posted: 31 Oct 2013 2:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judge, Davidson
My maternal grandmother was adopted as an infant. I can find records for her after her marriage as Emma Louise (or Emmy, Emmie Lou, Emma L) Judge but nothing from prior. My mom thinks she may have grown up and gone to high school near Sodus Point NY. Other than that I know nothing. I'd be happy to just find record of her adoptive parents the Davidson's but if anyone knows of any way to search adoption files that would be awesome. Other info I have for her includes:

She was married in Rochester New York to John R Judge and lived there her whole adult life. Mother of Ronald, Patricia and Linda. She and john R divorced but I do not know what year.

Having married a John R Judge makes her hard to find because there are tons of them. The correct one is sometimes shown as John Judge Jr but he is not actually junior since his father was John F Judge. John F died ~1931 and his mother remarried Leo Knapp. So John R appears as John R Knapp from about 8 years old until 18 when his draft record shows him as John Judge Jr. It took a ton of digging to sort that out but I have come up with zero on Emmie Lou.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tina Andrews 31 Oct 2013 8:18PM GMT 
Genby2 1 Nov 2013 2:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions