Search for content in message boards

Elisha Reed Wheeler

Replies: 10

Re: Elisha Reed Wheeler

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 10:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rogers/Beckwith/Camping/Born
Dear Bob,

How nice to hear from you! I was beginning to think that you may have passed on to join your ancestors in heaven! Glad to learn you are still amongst us.

I am a genealogy novice. I began with some limited information passed on to me by my father(d:1993) and an account on Ancestry.com. I am trying to learn the ropes, so to speak. I have just recently reconnected with my cousin Joyce Camping and hooked up with other relatives I did not know I had throughout the U.S.

I began perusing the message boards hoping to find help in overcoming my last research obstacle....the same one that every other researcher in our family has encountered....just exactly who are the elusive Mr. Ezra Rogers and his wife Betsey Beckwith!

Rogers is such a common name it makes the research a difficult task. I have sifted through 1000s of entries from hundreds of data bases...all to know avail. And then I learned about DNA-Y testing and the Rogers surname project that was underway. All I needed to do was track down a living male descendant.

Viola! I discovered my 3rd cousin and wrote him a letter and he is being tested.

Please contact me at pcamping@ATIWI.com where we can compare notes. You have already done some great work and perhaps you can tutor me a bit.

Sincerely,
Paul
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1_pcamping 5 Oct 2012 4:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic