Search for content in message boards

ANGUS MONROE b.1750 Orange Co., NY d. 1820 West Milford, NJ

Replies: 2

Re: ANGUS MONROE b.1750 Orange Co., NY d. 1820 West Milford, NJ

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Dominic Michael Iradi,

I am very much interested in all the information regarding the Monroe Family Tree. I have started my own tree with Ancestry.com. I have let my membership lapse, so I don’t have access to it, but you may find it. Monroe Family Tree. My name is Joan (Monroe) Day.

I have gone through most Census records for my information and have made corrections.

I, actually, am in possession of the family Bible. My grandfather (James Monroe 1888-1982?) never mentioned it, and gave me the family Bible. It is missing the back cover.
It might by my grandmother’s family Bible. All the names births and deaths at the time are listed in it, although, my Aunt Mildred Mae Monroe Sykes tore out the page and mailed to my Uncle Bob, (Robert Monroe). She copied it first and then sent it. I have the copy, or at least I wrote everything done first. I’d have to look.

My Father (James Edwin Monroe) and I took a trip to West Milford Presbyterian Church Cemetery and uncovered as many gravestones as we had time for. I photographed them, and wrote down what dates and names I could make out.

I have a few family mementoes. My dad and I went to see he cousin, Geraldine for one evening. Her relative (through research) Helen, (of Duncan) brought albums, and we compared notes. We have not been in contact since. I’m sure I could contact her, though.

is listed in the 1793 NJ Militia Census – How can I get a copy of this?

I would be very interested in collaborating on our Tree.

Where are you located.

I am in Downey, California, USA

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
D.Michael Iradi 3 Oct 2003 2:35AM GMT 
DMichael_Irad... 7 Jul 2008 6:09PM GMT 
JoanDay161 6 Feb 2013 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions