(Note: "TUSTS" is about the most unusual name I have found this year and doesn't have its own rootsweb surname board which is why you are reading this here.)
from a newspaper obit of 4-17-1909 that was published in Jacksonville FL and Salt Lake City among other cities:
KILLED BY ELECTRICITY
Prof. Tusts Was Testing An Arc Light Power.
New York, April 15.- Prof FL Tusts of Columbia university was accidentally electrocuted in Bayonne, NJ tonight. He was an expert chemist and electrician and had been retained by the common council of Bayonne to make tests of the power supplied by the public service corporation to the city and residents. Tests of both gas and electricity were under way.
Prof Tusts started to make a test of the arc light power tonight. A street act lamp was lowered and the professor proceeded to connect it with the testing machine. In doing so he short-circuited the current through his body and was killed instantly. The previous tests are said to have shown some 4,440 volts in the circuit that was being tested.