Search for content in message boards

Osborne, Otis, Campbell Families

Replies: 0

Osborne, Otis, Campbell Families

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 2:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information relating to the families of Levi Osborne and Windsor Otis.

Levi Osborne was born 1792 in Massachusetts, I believe he died in Willoughby, Ohio sometime between 1860 and 1870. The name of his first wife is unknown to me at this point, he had three known children with her including Ann (Angelia) Osborn, born 1817, Dr. Levi Osborne born 16 Aug 1820 in Onondaga County, NY, and Mary Osborne born 1821.

Windsor Otis's first wife was Chloe Campbell, born 11 Oct 1791 in Connecticut according to her obituary. Windsor was born in 6 Jul 1790 and died in 1815 (which was supposedly in Ohio but his children and Chloe's children from her second marriage were born in Onondaga County).

Chloe Campbell Otis remarried to Levi Osborne in 1821/2, in Marcellus, NY. They had three known children, Olive F. Osborne Park born 26 May 1823 in Marcellus, NY, Windsor Otis Osborne and Philena Osborne Benedict.

The family ended up in Willoughby, Ohio in 1840 and remained there until Chloe appears in Cuba in 1880. They had passed through the Cuba, Allegany, NY area prior to 1840 as some of their children (including Olive Osborne Park) married and rooted their families in that area. I believe that Levi and Chloe may have passed through Orleans County, NY as well as his daughter Ann married Van Rensselaer McOmber.

I am interested in information about these families in Onondaga County, specifically information on the ancestry of Levi Osborne and information on his first wife, whom I believe is probably buried in Onondaga County.

Find a board about a specific topic