Search for content in message boards

MASON and CUSHMAN in the Salina and Syracuse area ???

Replies: 2

MASON and CUSHMAN in the Salina and Syracuse area ???

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mason, Cushman
I am looking for the parents of Martha Cushman born March 5, 1806. and Cyrenus Mason b. July 2, 1798. They are husband and wife.

My main reference to them is from their son's biographical sketch in the book "Onondaga's Centennial: Gleanings of a century"

page 460

"Mason, Amos Louis, Syracuse, eldest of nine children (seven of whom were sons)of Cyrenus and Martha (Cushman) Mason, was born in the town of Salina on August 26, 1824. His father was born in Vermont, July 2, 1798, and died in Syracuse Sept. 5, 1857 ; Mrs. Mason was born March 5, 1806, and died Jan. 2, 1886. He was educated in the common Schools, and in 1832 removed with his family to Huron, O.,
whence they moved about four years later to Warren Co. , Pa. ; in 1838 they came to Wayne Co., N. Y., and in April, 1840, returned to Syracuse, where Amos L., then aged 16, tended a canal lock for two years. He followed various occupations and began learning the carpenter's trade with his uncle before 1845, after which he finished his trade with Alden Crane. In 1846 he commenced jobbing for himself, and since then has erected a large number of buildings in Syracuse..."

They [Cyrenus and Martha] are also in Syracuse in the 1850 US Census but I have no clue as to any of their parents.

I would love to know if anyone has more information about Cyrenus Mason and Martha Cushman.

Thanks,

Laura
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laurakeating1 18 Aug 2013 11:12PM GMT 
cemcrawler 23 Aug 2013 12:25PM GMT 
laurakeating1 3 Sep 2013 3:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic