Search for content in message boards

Koppenhafers of Syracuse, NY

Replies: 14

Re: Koppenhafers of Syracuse, NY (Hoffman query)

Posted: 13 Jul 2007 9:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoffman
The John Hoffman I referred to in my original message was the son of Jacob and Elisabeth Bleem Hoffman who died in Syracuse in 1897 and 1900 respectively.

They left behind four children who were taken in by other members of the family.

Frederick Hoffman, born 1888, was taken in by his paternal uncle, Frederick Hoffman, who lived in Syracuse. He married Jessie May Cadd and died in Syracuse in 1959.

Julia Hoffman, born about 1891, was taken in by her maternal aunt, Margaret Bleem Peters Horn, also in Syracuse. She married Adam Linski/Lipinski and died in Syracuse in 1947.

Edward George Hoffman, born in 1893, was taken in by his maternal aunt, Christina (Dina) Bleem Walz, and her husband, Edward Walz. They lived in Staten Island or Richmond, New York, but he later returned to Syracuse. He married Martha Fandrich and died in Syracuse in 1984. They had two sons who are possibly still living.

John C. Hoffman, born in 1896, was taken in by his maternal aunt, Mary Bleem Koppenhafer and her husband, Daniel Koppenhafer, but died the age of 17 in 1913.

Jacob Hoffman's parents were John C. and Regina Hoffman. He had three brothers, John, Charles, and Frederick and one sister, Elisabeth.

I have more about Jacob and Elisabeth Hoffman and their descendants if it is of interest to you, but was mostly researching the Bleem and Koppenhafer families.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charles Koppenhoefer 9 Nov 2004 9:09PM GMT 
johnlori9 10 Jul 2007 12:18AM GMT 
John E Carlso... 14 Jul 2007 3:07AM GMT 
glassmandan14... 24 Jan 2013 2:44AM GMT 
tonimccarthy4... 27 Jul 2007 7:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions