Search for content in message boards

SEEKING JOHN C. HANLEY

Replies: 2

SEEKING JOHN C. HANLEY

RON HANLEY (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHN C HANLEY
I have been searching for John C. Hanley, my gr-grandfather for over a year now in both Canandaigua, Ontario County, and Rochester, Monroe County. John was born 1844, married Catherine Madden in 1866 at Canandaigua's St. Mary's Church. They had four children, one being William E., my grandfather. Catherine died in 1872, and in the 1875 Canandaigua Census the children were with Catherine's parents, and John was listed alone. In 1880 Rochester City Census John and new wife Lois E. Miller were together, John listed as a butcher. In 1895, John and Lois showed up on a deed in Hopewell buying 6 1/2 acres of land on the Canandaigua townline, and in 1897 a day after Lois died, John sold the land to William A. Husbands, who then sold to William E. Hanley, John's son. John buried Lois in Woodlawn Cemetery and next shows up in 1900 Rochester census, again as a butcher. In 1904 Canandaigua City Directory, John is back in Canandaiuga living with his son at 145 Pleasant Street, and 1905 census shows him again alone in Canandaigua. This is the last sighting of John. I am desparate to locate his death date, burial place, etc. Any help, leads, or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you, Ron.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RON HANLEY 6 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
ronmeryl12 11 Aug 2001 12:19PM GMT 
ronmeryl1 17 Jan 2013 4:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions